Pages

25 March 2014

The absolute best Scripture songs in the world!

No. I'm not exaggerating.

Let me tell you why I love it.

For the past couple of months, we have been listening to the amazing Slugs & Bugs Sing the Bible cd at home and in the car. The music is simply wonderful-great musicians, clever instrumentation, singable melodies...Randall Goodgame has a lovely voice and plays a winsome character on his kids' cds.  My children love, love, love it.

My favorite thing about this cd is that it has prompted incredible discussions about who the disciples thought Jesus was (from "You are the Christ"), how we serve other people (from "Two Shirts" "Love" and "Love One Another"), and how God knows us (from "What is the Book" and "Romans 8"). We've talked about how we think about Jesus and what he did and does and can do for us.  We've discussed idolatry, freedom from sin, responsibility for the poor, identity in Christ, etc.

And the music is appealing for all ages.  I don't turn it off in the car when I'm the only one in there. Even the three and five year old have memorized the books of the Bible and big passages of scripture and all of the kids know more about Levitical food laws than I ever imagined (you'll understand that if you have the cd).

I simply cannot recommend it highly enough.

Get it here from The Rabbit Room and definitely consider buy extra for friends and family.  Once you hear it, you will want to pass it on.  It really is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment